I love me a Friday! It means a weekend with all four of my boys! I’m gonna try my best not to eat alllllll the sugar this weekend. I’ve been on a sugar binge all week and it’s got to stop. That carrot cake was the start of it all. Seriously.
The great news is this Coconut Berry Smoothie Bowl can satisfy my raging sweet tooth without the guilt!
Isn’t she pretty??? Did you know purple is my fav color?!
This smoothie is made with just a few ingredients- coconut almond milk, frozen berries, banana, and coconut oil. Coconut oil is the new secret ingredient we’ve been adding to smoothies and protein shakes. A little tip I got from Love Taza!
The coconut oil makes it extra smooth and creamy and also adds a little more coconut flavor. Once you’ve blended the smoothie up, pour it in a bowl and add the toppings! Fresh berries, sliced banana, shredded coconut, granola, hemp seeds, chia seeds. Load ’em up. Load them up!
Have a great weekend you guys. And tell me you’ll make this!
Oh, and I didn’t add any extra sweetener to the smoothie base but put it in the instructions as an option. I don’t think it needs it with all the yummy toppings you add, but feel free if you think you need to!
- 6 oz coconut-almond milk ( i like Califia Farms)
- 1½ cups frozen mixed berries
- ½ cup spinach
- 1 banana, preferably frozen
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- *1 tbsp honey or agave for sweetener (optional)
- *1/4 tsp coconut extract (if you have it)
- Fresh berries, sliced bananas, chia seeds, coconut flakes, granola
- Place the coconut almond milk, frozen berries, banana, and coconut oil in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Pour into bowls, top with toppings and dig in!
*if you aren't using a frozen banana you may want to add a handful of crushed ice to make cold