I’m loving coconut oil in cookies and wanted to give it a try in one of my favorites chocolate peanut butter no bakes (don’t laugh at that awful picture. I think it deserves a re-shoot)! I thought I’d try them with agave too, make them a little healthier. But my first attempt at turned out to be a runny mess. My proportions were off. But the flavor was good. Then I came across what looked like the perfect recipe from Vanilla & Lace.
I think these are about as healthy as a cookie can get and still taste good! We sure ate ’em up. I used chunky all natural peanut butter that gave them a little bit of crunch, and also threw in some flaked coconut to amp up the coconut flavor.
These definitely have a chewier consistency than normal no bake cookies and need to be refrigerated so they hold together better. So don’t panic when they don’t hold their shape like you’d expect them to as you scoop them onto the wax paper.
Once they’ve been in the fridge they set up perfectly!
Healthy No bake Cookies (with coconut oil & Agave)
Write a review
- 1/2 cup pure agave nectar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup fat free milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup all natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
- In a medium saucepan mix together agave and cocoa powder over medium heat. Stir in milk and coconut oil and bring to a boil. Let boil for one minute. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter, flaked coconut, oats, vanilla and salt.
- Scoop by tablespoon onto wax paper and refrigerate for 15-20 minutes before eating (or until cookies are set). Store in air-tight container in refrigerator.
- recipe slightly adapted from Vanilla & Lace
boys ahoy http://boysahoy.com/