My good friend Kellie shared this recipe with me years ago when we used to worked together. I was looking for some recipes for our Thanksgiving dinner and found it while thumbing through my recipe box. I haven’t seen Kellie in years, but just seeing her name on the recipe card made me giggle. She is one of the funniest people I know! I have so many memories of laughing ’til my stomach hurt with Kellie…and get togethers that revolved around making and eating delicious food!
So I knew I’d love these sweet potatoes. I give you the options to use coconut sugar and coconut oil to make it a little “better for you” but if that’s not your jam use brown sugar and butter! You can adjust the amounts of both to your taste as well!
Simple, yet rich and delicious! The sweet potatoes are where it’s at on my Thanksgiving dinner plate and we’re adding these to the menu this year!
- 3½ pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into ½ inch cubes
- ¼-1/2 cup maple syrup (depending on how sweet you like them)
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 3 tbs coconut oil, melted (can also use butter)
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Cook potatoes in a large pot of boiling water until very soft and cooked through; drain. Transfer back into the pot.
- Add maple syrup, coconut sugar (or brown sugar), coconut oil (or butter) and cinnamon, and whip until fluffy and there are no lumps.