Over the weekend we met some of our good friends in Santa Barbara! We rented a little apartment through AirBnB, wore the kids out at the beach by day and sat around chatting and eating late into the night!
My friend Lindsay made these Avalanche Bars for us and I could not stop eating them. She likes to call them rice krispie treats on crack. They are LOADED with white chocolate, peanut butter, marshmallows and chocolate chips! She knows me so well 🙂
This recipe makes a huge batch! Like, dangerously big. You could probably get away with halving it, but it’s perfect for a big crowd. We have a family reunion coming up and I’ll be making these to feed the masses.
You kind of just spread the mixture into a cookie sheet and it’ll be lumpy. Let it cool and break it into pieces or squares.
- 3 (11 oz) bags white chocolate chips
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 8 cups rice krispie cereal
- 5 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 (16 oz) bag mini chocolate chips (reserve a handful to sprinkle over the top)
- Melt the white chocolate using a double boiler. Or bring a small pot of water to a boil, then turn heat off. Place white chocolate chips in a bowl and set on top of the pot of water). Stir chips until melted and smooth. Should take about five minutes to melt. If it's not melting turn the heat back on to a low setting. Do not let it get too hot, the chocolate will burn!
- Place rice krispie cereal in another bowl and set aside.
- Once chocolate is melted stir in peanut butter. Once combined pour over the rice krispie cereal. Let cool for a couple of minutes. Stir in chocolate chips and marshmallows while mixture is just slightly warm.
- Spread mixture out on a cookie sheet- it will be uneven, not smooth.
- Sprinkle a handful of mini chocolate chips over the top and let cool.
- Cut into small pieces or squares.