You guys. TOO. MUCH. SUGAR!
I’ve just had too much!! I’ve eaten so many miniature Twix Bars over the last few days I can’t even think about how many actual bars they’ve totaled.
I’ve got to get rid of the Halloween candy. The boys traded it in for a small toy from the Switch Witch, but then the Switch Witch (um, hi, me!) wasn’t sure what to with it soooooo she’s just been eating it????
So I’m laying off the sugar for a bit and the goal is to eat much, much cleaner. I started off realy good with this power house of a salad the othe day! Chicken and Broccoli, Kale and Spinach, Bacon, Feta, and Dried Cranberries. What is that, 7 ingredients?!
This makes a giant salad so you can save some to eat for lunch the next day (just don’t add dressing to the whole thing).
I like to drizzle olive oil and balsamic vinegar on this with a little salt and pepper, but I’ve also included a Maple Mustard Vinaigrette that is also really good on it! So, take your pick!
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups chopped broccoli florets (chopped super fine)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup cooked, crumbled bacon
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 1/2 tbsp dijon mustard
- Toss salad ingredients together in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper and serve with oil and vinegar, OR make the easy Maple Mustard Vinaigrette by whisking dressing ingredients together and drizzling over salad.