It’s always after the weekend, when Mondays roll around, that I re-dedicate myself to eating better. I always fall off the wagon on the weekend. No matter how determined I am I cave and indulge in cookies or late night popcorn with a bowl of chocolate chips. Those two = MAJOR WEAKNESS for me.
So Monday is here and I’m back on the wagon. This Cilantro-Lime Avocado Chicken Salad is guilt free but has lots of flavor. Perfect for a lighter lunch or dinner. We like to eat it plain, wrapped up in lettuce, or you can make a wrap or open faced sandwich with it.
Chicken, avocado, celery, and cilantro are tossed together in a simply dressing made of Greek yogurt, a tad bit of light mayo, lime juice and cumin. It’s just my kind of simple, healthy salad.
Serve it in the avocado shells for a fun presentation ↑↑ 🙂
Cilantro-Lime Avocado Chicken Salad
- 12 oz shredded chicken
- 1/2 of a large avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- juice of 1/2 of a lime
- 1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt (more if desired)
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine greek yogurt, lime juice, and cumin together in a small bowl.
- Combine chicken, avocado, celery, and cilantro together in a medium bowl. Pour dressing over chicken mixture and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill in air tight container or serve immediately.