Make your Monday better with these Dark Chocolate Almond Butter Cups with Toasted Coconut! My kind of mid-day treat 🙂
Happy Monday friends! I’m starting to love slower weekends. I think our slow holidays where we just kind of played at home for two weeks, made me realize just how good it is.
We stayed in Friday night, made chocolate chip cookies and watched Suits once the kiddos were in bed. It’s on Netflix and we’ve been binge watching it every night. (It’s a good one, get on it)! Saturday O had his first basketball game and the big boys went on a little BNO-boys night out- made a quick run to Target while I soaked in the tub ????????and Graham slept!
The only thing that could have made the weekend better is another batch of these Dark Chocolate Almond Butter Cups with Toasted Coconut! I made them earlier in the week and shockingly???? they didn’t last long. Between these earlier in the week and the cookies on Friday night I figured I better wait. You know… until this week…
Made with dark chocolate chips, coconut oil, almond butter, toasted coconut flakes and a little sea salt. The toasted coconut and sea salt on top is everything!! Give ’em a try!
Dark Chocolate Almond Butter Cups with Toasted Coconut
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- sea salt
- Melt the dark chocolate chips and coconut oil together in the microwave (or or over a double broiler) stirring every 10-15 seconds until melted and smooth.
- Pour about a tablespoon of chocolate into a mini muffin pan, chocolate should completely cover the bottom. Spoon a dab of almond butter into the chocolate (about 1/4-1/2 tsp). Gently spread the almond butter out a bit.
- Pour the remaining chocolate over the tops of each, covering the almond butter.
- Sprinkle a little toasted coconut and se salt over the top of each.
- Place the pan in the fridge (or freezer to quick chill) until the cups are completely cooled.
- Store in the fridge!