If you follow me on Instagram you might have noticed last week I was in Santa Cruz, CA for an event with the California Strawberries Commission. More on the trip later, but you guys, we ate so much good food that revolved around or incorporated strawberries (as you might expect). I loved it! I’ve been racking my brain with more ways to incorporate strawberries into some savory dishes.
I wasn’t sure how strawberries would hold up on the grill, and I’ll be honest, I lost a few of them in transfer. BUT! These Grilled Strawberry Chicken Kabobs are one of the best things to come off of our grill this summer. And we’ve grilled a lot…I’m avoiding the oven at all costs 🙂
The chicken and strawberries get brushed with a coconut oil-cinnamon mixture, salt and pepper before hitting the grill. Let ’em cook for 8-10 minutes (or until the chicken is cooked through). These babies are sizzlin’ when you take them off the grill.
Immediately drizzle the skewers with a thick balsamic glaze (you can buy it at the store)! We served ours with a giant salad. Best dinner evaaa.
- 5-6 chicken tenders, thawed and cut into one-inch pieces
- 21 strawberries, stems removed
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- salt and pepper
- Balsamic Glaze
- 7 wooden skewers (soaked in water)
- Alternate chicken pieces and strawberries on the wooden skewers, about 3 of each per skewer. In a small bowl melt the coconut oil and whisk in the cinnamon. Brush the coconut oil-cinnamon mix all over the strawberry and chicken skewers. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Place skewers on the grill and cook for 8-10 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Carefully remove skewers (the strawberries are very tender now). Drizzle balsamic glaze all over the top and serve!