This Lemony Artichoke Chicken is an easy weeknight dinner and is packed with zesty lemony flavor! I had a can of marinated artichokes in the pantry that I wanted to put to use, and so this easy dish came together with just a few other ingredients I had on had. It’s simple and delicious! And perfect for a quick quarantine meal….anyone else tired of cooking????
All you need: marinated artichokes, lemon, cherry tomatoes, chicken, greens (spinach, kale, chard a blend or whatever you have), and feta cheese!
I used frozen chicken tenders that were thawed and I cooked over the stove top, if you’re short on time or have pre-cooked chicken you could totally use that as well!
Brett and I served ours over baked spaghetti squash and the kids had it alongside some cheese tortellini pasta!
Easy Lemony Artichoke Chicken
- 8 chicken tenders (or 3 breasts), thawed and cut into one inch pieces
- 14 oz marinated artichoke, drained
- 1 lemon
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups spinach, kale, chard or a mix of greens
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- in a pan coated with 1 tablespoon avocado oil, cook the chicken pieces of medium heat. add a little salt and pepper to season the chicken.
- once the chicken is cooked, drain any excess grease and add the artichoke pieces, minced garlic, and fresh lemon juice and just a splash of avocado oil. reduce heat to medium-low, and toss together. let cook, while stirring gently for a few minutes.
- add the tomatoes and feta and gently toss. remove from heat and stir in the mixed greens.
- season with a little additional salt and pepper
- serve over pasta or baked spaghetti squash or other vegetable "noodle"