Life has been a little crazy lately. Last weekend I went on a girls trip and my husband was simultaneously interviewing with a company in San Diego. He got an offer and we accepted. So we turned around as soon as we got home from our trips and went back to San Diego to house hunt. So….I guess we are moving to San Diego!! We will be moving early June, which means I have a million and one things to do in like three or four weeks. Tell me it’s four? I can’t even look at the calendar because it gives me anxiety. And the thought of leaving the wonderful friends and family we have here makes me wanna cray…..so I’m just not thinking about yet.
I’ve been making this Jalapeño Tzatziki Dip a quite a bit lately because it’s light and healthy with a little bit of kick! We’ve been scooping it up with Pretzel Crisps because I just love how crispy and crunchy they are, and come in a million different flavors.
This dip is the perfect snack for warm days ahead, it’s cool and creamy, zesty and refreshing!! You could also use your favorite veggies to scoop it up too!
We also like to mix it up and make these little Jalapeño Tzatziki Pretzel Bites. Spread a little bit of the dip on to an Everything Pretzel Crisps (they’re our favorite) and top it with a slice of jalapeño. The dip itself isn’t too spicy (if you leave out the seeds from the jalapeños) but these little bites of deliciousness pack some heat.
- 2 cups nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeño, chopped and seeded (leave seeds if you want a spicier dip)
- 1/2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3/4 tsp dill weed
- Stir everything together and let chill in the fridge for 40-60 minutes before serving. Serve with your favorite pretzel crisps or other chips or veggies.
- scoop 1/2 tbsp Jalapeño Tzatziki Dip onto an Everything Pretzel Crisp (or other pretzel crisp)
- top with a sliced jalapeño