Sunday we had the missionaries from our church over for dinner. Since we are boycotting the oven as much as we can right now, we decided to try a new grilled chicken recipe. It was a little risky trying something new when guests were coming, but we went for it…without a backup plan. Grilled chicken drenched in a sticky, orange balsamic glaze just sounded too good!
When they arrived Brett was just pulling the chicken off of the grill. I poured the glaze over it and snapped a few pictures as fast as I could. Then, had to explain to them why I was taking pictures of their food. They said they’ve seen much weirder things on their mission. Well, whew. Food bloggers aren’t so weird after all. I took the chicken disappearing one by one as a good sign!
The glaze for this is really simple- orange marmalade, balsamic vinegar, a little honey and a dash of crushed pepper. If you serve the chicken with rice or noodles and want some extra sauce I’d double the recipe for the glaze!!
- 3/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbs honey
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/2 tbs cornstarch
- 8-10 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, thawed (can use skin-on chicken if you prefer it)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Place chicken in a 9X13 in pan. Brush both sides with olive oil then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat grill to medium high and place chicken on the grill. Cook for 4-6 minutes, then flip and continue to cook for another 3-4 minutes (until chicken is cooked through).
- While chicken is on the grill, whisk orange marmalade, balsamic vinegar, honey, and crushed red pepper together over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, and reduce heat to low. Whisk in cornstarch and let simmer for several minutes (should thicken up).
- Remove chicken from grill and place in a large shallow dish (or baking pan). Drizzle orange-balsamic glaze all over the chicken. Season with more salt and pepper if needed. Serve