I just wanted to make something red, white, and blue. That is what I meant by festive. But then I ran out of time before the BBQ and didn’t make anything festive at all.
I think he took it as a personal attack against his Peach Cream Cake and the childhood memories associated with it.
So when I asked Brett what to make for a church BBQ last weekend he immediately said “Peach Cream Cake.” But before I could even respond, he got all “What do you have against it anyways? Why don’t you like it?” and “Why don’t you ever want to make it?” on me.
- 1 (7 in) prepared loaf of angel food cake
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 cups whipped cream
- 1 (14 oz) can Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (3 oz) pkg instant vanilla pudding
- 4 cups sliced peaches (fresh, frozen or canned-if using canned, drain from juice)
- Cut the cake into 1/4 inch slices. Arrange half of the slices on bottom of 13 X 9 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl combine sweetened condensed milk and water. Add pudding mix; beat well. Chill 5 minutes.
- Stir in extract; fold in whipped cream.
- Pour 1/2 cream mixture over cake slices arrange half of the peaches on top. Repeat layering, ending with peaches.
- Chill 4 hours before serving.
- from my MIL Sheri Denney