One of the best parts of my job is being able to work with brands who support a positive cause. Which makes me really excited to be partnering with Smucker’s Natural Fruit Spreads and the Mom it Forward Blogger Network to participate in the Smucker’s “Spread a Little Sunshine” campaign! (I have been provided product and compensation for this post but as always, I’m here to share my own opinion!)
Smucker’s is giving one lucky winner a $10,000 kitchen makeover! Talk about a dream! To enter the sweepstakes all you have to do is share how you “Spread a Little Sunshine.” How do you pay it forward to people? Help people? Or just make someone’s day a little better?
Share how you “Spread a Little Sunshine” at the following:
- Smucker’s Facebook page
- Or use the #SpreadALittleSunshine hashtag via Twitter or Instagram
For full details click here!
Smucker’s has been spreading their own sunshine with their All Natural Fruit Spreads. Have you tried them? We always buy the All Natural Strawberry Fruit Spread (my four year old loves plain jelly toast and jelly sandwiches) but they have a variety of flavors, all made with quality ingredients from natural sources (and are non-GMO!!)
To spread a little sunshine in my own way (with food, duh), I made this Peanut Butter & Jelly Cream Cheese Ball. A peanut butter and jelly sandwich may be kid food, but it still one of my favorite things to eat. It is reminiscant of childhood and makes me feel pretty good. Dessert makes me fee; pretty good too. So I created a sweet cream cheese ball, loaded with peanut butter and gobs of Smucker’s All Natural Strawberry Fruit Spread, studded with peanut butter chips:)
It’s a feel good dessert that you should probably make and probably share with your friends. So they can feel good too. The gift of food (and drink) is just one small way I like to “spread a little sunshine.” I hope dinner for a friend out of the blue, a warm plate of brownies, or a Route 44 Diet Coke from Sonic, makes their day like it does for me!
Enjoy and good luck!!
- 8 oz cream cheese, soft
- 3/4 cup peanut butter (I used crunchy)
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup Smucker's All Natural Strawberry Fruit Spread
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups peanut butter chips
- Beat the cream cheese and peanut butter together. Slowly beat in vanilla extract and powdered sugar. Place spoonfuls of Smucker's All Natural Strawberry Fruit Spread throughout the mixture, gently folding in. You don't want it to be completely mixed in, but more "dotted" with jelly.
- Shaped into a ball and wrap in saran wrap and let chill for one hour in the fridge.
- Roll the ball in 1 cup peanut butter chips. Serve with graham crackers.
- *store in the fridge until ready to serve