Grilled corn, grilled red bell pepper, and chunky avocado make this the perfect smoky-flavored salsa for summer!
I’m not sure what’s better, devouring this salsa with chips or piling it high on top of a juicy burger! We did both. And I’m a little embarrassed to admit Brett and I ate the entire bowl of it in one meal….ahem, last night.
It’s a little time consuming to make (for salsa) but I promise it’s worth it. You’ll want to make it every day for the rest of the summer!
First you grill your corn and red peppers. Cut the grilled kernels into a bowl as well as the grilled red peppers (after you remove the blackened skins). Mmm, can’t you just taste that char-grilled smoky flavor?
Add some green onion, feta cheese, and big chunks of ripe avocado to the mix! If you really love avocado, add a little extra 😉
Whisk up some olive oil, red wine vinegar, lime juice and cumin and drizzle it over the salsa. Toss it all together and you’re done! You can serve it warm or let it chill in the fridge and let those smoky flavors marinate.
- 3 ears corn, husked
- 2 red bell peppers, seeds and membrane removed
- 1 green onion
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- juice of 1/2 of a lime
- 1 tbsp + 1/4 tsp cumin
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat grill to medium high. Cut red peppers into half length-wise and flatten each strip. Brush red peppers and ears of corn with about 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Season corn with cumin (using about 1 tbs total). Place corn on the grill and cook for 15-20 minutes, turning every 5-7 minutes to brown all sides. Place red peppers on the grill, skin-side down and cook for 15 minutes or until skins are blackened.
- Remove corn and let cool. Remove red peppers and put them in a sealed zip-lock back for about 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl whisk 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, 1/2 tbs red wine vinegar, juice of 1/2 a lime, and 1/4 tsp cumin together.
- Cut corn kernels into a medium bowl. Peel the skins off of the red peppers then cut into small squares and combine with the corn. Add green onion, avocado and feta cheese. Pour dressing over the salsa and toss everything together to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Dip with chips or top on burgers, chicken, or steaks!
- heavily adapted from Cooking Light