Take your quick oats to a new level by adding roasted strawberries!
One of my favorite ways to jazz up oatmeal right now is to add roasted strawberries!! I feel like they just burst with flavor and it’s such an easy way to add a different texture + flavor to your quick oats in the morning! It’s as easy as slicing up your strawberries, laying them out on a baking sheet and roasting them in the oven for 10 minutes or so! Add them to a bowl of quick oats with a big ol’ scoop of Greek yogurt and a dash of cinnamon.
Soooooo good you guys.
As much as I love making my perfectly creamy oatmeal, I’m also a fan of instant oatmeal because hello, #momlife. I’m really loving Maypo Instant Maple Oatmeal (and so do the boys) + love that it has 2/3 less sugar than leading brands of hot flavored cereal!
I cooked my oatmeal on the stovetop, but you can microwave it just as quickly. And know what I love about that?! My seven year old can make is own oatmeal!!! Exactly why instant oats are a real good thing!
And I promise the roasted strawberries will knock your oatmeal’s socks off guys. Let me know if you try it and love it like I do!
Roasted Strawberry Oatmeal
- 1 cup almond milk (or milk)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup Maypo instant maple oatmeal
- 1/2 cup strawberries, hulled and sliced
- dash of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup nonfat or plain or Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Arrange sliced strawberries on a baking sheet that is lined with parchment + lightly sprayed with cooking spray. Sprinkle a dash of cinnamon over the strawberries. Roast in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Pour the almond milk and water into a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Slowly add the instant oats and stir continuously for about 30-40 seconds (or until you reach desired consistency). Remove from heat, cover, and set aside.
- Scoop 1/2 cup of the oatmeal into a bowl. Add a spoonful of Greek yogurt, then some of the roasted strawberries. Add a little sprinkle of cinnamon and enjoy!
[…] Roasted Strawberry Oatmeal […]