Lately, I have been loving spoodles. Sweet Potato Noodles you guys. They’re the bees knees. And you can eat them for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. So I’ve created three super easy spoodle bowls you can throw together quickly! BBQ Chicken Spoodles, Chicken Sausage + Veggie Spoodles, and Breakfast Spoodles.
Making sweet potato noodles is even easier than making zuchinni noodles. Just peel the potato, spiralize, then saute for 3-4 minutes in a little olive oil over medium heat. I like prepping a bunch of spoodles at the beginning of the week so I can easily add some veggies and meat for quick lunches throughout the week!
Here’s the breakdown for the bowls:
BBQ Chicken Spoodles: 1/2 cup cooked spoodles + 1/3 cup shredded bbq chicken + 1/4 cup black beans + 1/4 cup corn + Bolthouse Farms Avocado Cilantro Dressing + BBQ Sauce.
Chicken Sausage + Veggie Spoodles: 1/2 cup cooked spoodles + 1/2 cup cooked and sliced chicken sausage + 1/2 cup roasted/sautéed brussels sprouts + 1/4 cup sautéed diced peppers with Bolthouse Farms favorite dressing.
Breakfast Spoodles: 1/2 cup cooked spoodles + 1 slice cooked turkey bacon + 1/2 cup sautéed veggies (like peppers or brussels) + 1 fried egg.
*season everything with a little salt and pepper and use your Bolthouse Dressing farm of choice 🙂
Bolthouse Farms sent me a package of goodies last month with everything I needed to get some healthy habits going for the New Year–some of their yummy dressings, fresh veggies, an OXO spiralizer, and some bento lunch boxes. It all inspired these bowls! I love using Bolthouse Farms Dressings with these spoodles–the Avocado Cilantro Dressing, the Classic Ranch, and Salsa Ranch are my latest favs! The only bowl I didn’t use a dressing on was the breakfast bowl–the yolky egg kind of acts like a dressing on that one!
I packaged the fixings for the spoodles in the bento boxes and had lunch ready for the week!
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and spiralized (or 2-3 small)
- 1 cup shredded chicken, cooked (rotisserie)
- ½ cup black beans
- ¼ cup corn
- diced avocado
- Bolthouse Farms Avocado Cilantro Dressing
- BBQ Sauce
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- Heat a medium non-stick skillet over medium heat and coat with olive oil. Add spoodles and gently toss while cooking. Saute for 5-6 minutes (if you over cook they will get mushy, but cook shorter if you like a crisp noodle and a little longer if you like slightly tender)
- Divide spoodles into two bowls.
- In another bowl toss chicken with bbq sauce.
- Divide chicken, corn, black beans, avocado amongst the spoodles.
- Garnish with cilantro + dressings.
- 1 large weet potato, peeled and spiralized
- 2 chicken sausage link, sliced into rounds
- 1 bell pepper, choppped
- 2 cups shaved or chopped brussels sprouts
- olive oil
- Coat a nonstick skillet with olive oil and heat over medium heat Saute noodles in a saucepan over medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until just tender, tossing gently with tongs while cooking.
- In a separate skillet, saute the peppers and brussels in olive oil over medium heat until just tender. Add the chicken sausage to the veggies and saute until heated through.
- Divide sweet potato noodles into two bowls, and divide veggies and chicken sausage amongst bowls as well.
- Garnish with favorite Bolthouse dressing.
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and spiralized
- 4 slices turkey bacon
- 2 eggs
- *optional veggie
- Coat a nonstick skillet with olive oil over medium heat, add spoodles and cook for 5-7 minutes tossing gently with tongs throughout while cooking.Set aside.
- Cook bacon (I like to broil mine in the oven on hi for 3-4 minutes)
- Cook eggs in another skillet-- sunny side up or over easy
- Divide spoodles into two bowls, add 2 slices of bacon and one egg to each bowl.
- *option to add a cooked, chopped veggie to dish (like peppers or brussels sprouts)