You have to add this Pumpkin Cream Oatmeal to your breakfast menu this fall! It is theeeee best!
I’m crazy about this Pumpkin Cream Oatmeal! It’s been breakfast the last few days and I think I could eat it every day for breakfast for the rest of forever. Dead serious. I get on an oatmeal kick every fall/winter and this one’s not going anywhere soon.
Even though we’ve been having 85 degree November weather! It made for some perfect dreamy beach days last week.
Thankfully, early mornings have still been nice and cool, so a warm bowl of oatmeal is fitting. And this Pumpkin Cream Oatmeal is the best. I adapted the recipe a little from Mind over Batter to make it a little healthier. I made it yesterday for breakfast for Brett’s sister and mom that are here for the week and they loved it!
The secret is this amazing pumpkin cream puree–made of pumpkin puree, pecans, cinnamon, honey, coconut oil, and splash of vanilla and cream. You blend it all up and then stir the mixture into a bowl of creamy oats.
I like to cook my oats in half milk, half water and let it simmer on lower heat, for 20 minutes or so to get it nice and creamy.
Pumpkin Cream Oatmeal
adapted from Mind over Matter.
Pumpkin Cream Oatmeal
warm and cozy, pumpkin cream oatmeal. the perfect breakfast this fall!
- Pumpkin Cream:
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups low fat milk
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- additional honey
- toasted pecans
- In a food processor or blender, blend everything for the pumpkin cream together until smooth and creamy.
- Prepare the oatmeal by brining the water and milk to a boil in a medium sized saucepan. Once boiling, stir in oats and reduce heat to a simmer. Stir in salt and cinnamon. Let simmer for 20-25 minutes on low heat until most of the liquid is absorbed. (or util it reaches your desired thickness/texture)
- Scoop 1/2 cup of the oatmeal into a bowl. Add 1-2 tbsp of the pumpkin cream, a splash of honey, cream, and a sprinkle of toasted chopped pecans. Stir together and enjoy!