This one pan, skillet Chili Taco Pie with Polenta is one meal the whole family will love + makes your Taco Tuesday cleanup a breeze.
I’m not even sure if I should tell you this is Skillet Chili Taco Pie is more like a taco chili…..or more like a taco dip. Because I practically ate the whole thing with chips and no silverware. Just dippin’ and scoopin’ for me.
This was my first time trying polenta too and I really like it. It’s like a corn-cakey-almost cheese like log that you slice up into the thin rounds and lay it over the top of this deep dish skillet of ground turkey, corn, black beans, and tomatoes.
The best thing about this meal is it’s made in just one skillet. One pan, one mess. This is everything to me! And probably means more to Brett since he’s the one who does the dishes after dinner, lol.
Once everything has cooked in the oven and is hot and bubbly, top with some chips (these are the blue corn tortilla chips from Trader Joe’s), avocado and a little cilantro! And like I said, eat it with a spoon or just scoop that stuff up with your chips 😉
Skillet Taco Chili Pie with Polenta
- 1.4 lb ground turkey
- 1 (14 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 oz) can diced fire roasted tomatoes, drained
- 1 (14 oz) can corn, drained
- 1 (10 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 16 oz tube polenta, cut into 6 -7 thin slices
- 1/2 cup shredded mexican cheese
- Preheat oven to 400
- Cook the turkey in a cast iron skillet over medium heat until cooked through. Drain and return to pan.
- Add black beans, corn, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and seasonings and bring to a simmer.
- Remove from heat. Stir in 1/4 cup shredded cheese. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup over the top.
- Lay the 5-6 slices of polenta over the top of the chili.
- Place in the oven to cook for 20 minutes. Remove from oven with a thick, oven mitt--DO NOT GRAB THE HANDLE-IT'S HOT.
- Garnish with chips, avocado, cilantro