Oh Monday….I kind of wish you weren’t here already. I had far to much fun with my boys this weekend in LA skipping bed times, eating too much junk food, and cheering on the Cougars. But man, we’re all tired and wish we had a day to SLEEP. In a mother’s dreams right?
But yay for Monday because I have breakfast food for you!!!
There was a time over the summer where Brett and I were eating these ham and cheese egg roll ups on repeat for all meals. I can’t believe I didn’t share them with you then. We took a little break (because wow, we really over did it) but now they’re back into the routine so I thought I better share!
They’re such a quick and easy way to eat eggs and super easy for kiddos to eat! For some reason, my boys are a little weirded out by scrambled eggs…”they look gross”… but turn them into a taquito or burrito and they’re in!
Whisk one egg and pour it onto a lightly greased crepe pan (or other similar sized) and swirl the egg to coat the pan (like you would a crepe). Let it cook for a minute then using a spatula flip the egg and cook the other side.
Sprinkle with cheese and layer two slices of thin deli ham. Make it as cheesy/hammy as you want Then, roll the baby up and eat it like a taquito, or burrito!!
- 4 eggs
- 8 slices deli ham
- 1/2- 1 cup shredded cheese (more or less depending on how cheesy you like it!)
- salt and pepper
- whisk one egg in a bowl.
- heat a crepe pan over medium-medium high heat and lightly coat with cooking spray
- pour the one whisked egg into the crepe pan and swirl to coat the pan. cook for about a minute, then using a spatula flip over to cook the other side.
- sprinkle shredded cheese and layer the slices of ham and carefully roll up while in the pan allowing cheese to melt and ham to warm.
- place on a plate and let cool for a minute before eating. repeat with other eggs, cheese, and ham.