Ooey gooey butter toffee popcorn with bits of heath toffee candy for a little crunch!! A perfect holiday treat!
People always ask what I do with all of the treats I make. Usually the answer is, I give it to friends or send it to work with Brett. I had every intention of taking this batch of Gooey Butter Toffee Popcorn over to a friend earlier this week when I made it. But then it kind of sort of never made it to her.
I ate the whole thing– aside from the small handful my husband took. (Seriously, his self control makes me a little angry sometimes.) But this popcorn, you guys, is so stinking good that once you start you just can’t stop. Rich, buttery, and gooey! With little bits of crunchy, Heath toffee candy.
This is a great treat to take to a holiday party or to your neighbors for gift. But no judgement here if it never makes it to them 🙂
- 12 cups popped popcorn (be sure to get rid of unpopped kernels)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup Heath Toffee Bits
- Melt butter, brown sugar, honey and salt together, stirring constantly. Bring to a simmer and whisk in vanilla. Let simmer for about 4-5 minutes. (The longer you cook it the harder the popcorn will be)
- Place popcorn in a large bowl and pour sauce over the popcorn. Gently toss together until the popcorn is evenly coated. Sprinkle Heath Toffee bits in and stir until evenly incorporated.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Adapted from The Edible Mosaic